blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Mothers Day Gifts Ideas for Working Moms

May 6, 2016

Mothers Day Gifts Ideas for Working Moms

I'll start by saying it's the thought that counts when it comes to gifting, so please don't be offended by my choice of post title, I say it jokingly. But in all honesty, when you search for mothers day gift ideas, almost every list is full of stuff like crockpots and candles and stamp makers and gardening tools... one list even breaks it down by "mom type" - Home CEO, Crafty Mom, Chef Extraordinaire, Fit Mom... I don't think any of these moms work. And while I myself would love some of these gifts and know my stay-at-home mama friends would too (and I love you ladies, and stay at home moms would totally love these gifts too!), I think it's time we had a list for working moms in particular... the Company CEO type. So let's get to it.

A diaper bag that only she will know is a diaper bag - this one by Charlotte + Asher is drop dead gorgeous and can just as easily go from carrying pacifiers and baby wipes to a laptop and business meeting notes. PS - Get 20% off with through July 1st with code LAURALACQUER

A gorgeous notebook - this one comes with lettersize paper that snaps into the notebook - Any mom trying to balance it all will love it! I plan on printing out my own customizable planning sheets onto these pages and snapping them in!

For my pumping-at-work mamas - this one is my dream pump! It's hands-free and wireless so you don't need to find an outlet, and it's small enough to carry with you in your work bag! PS - stay tuned mamas, I'm gonna be doing a huge post on BFing and pumping - and giving one of these away soon)!

Time is always limited, but that doesn't mean we still can't put on a good face! I am in love with this one-and-done do it all makeup product - it's Supergoop CC Cream. I've been using it for the last 2-3 weeks and it has replaced my moisturizer/SPF/foundation - it's the best!

If she's still the one cooking dinner after she gets home from work, gift her a subscription to a meal-planning/prepping service like Plated. Better yet - get the subscription and then cook a meal (or a few) of them before she gets home!

If there's one thing that makes me happy and calm it's a clean home, but finding time to deep clean the way I'd like is always tough with our schedules! Send her a gift card to a home cleaning service and she'll be so thankful!

Apple Watch - I've been reluctant to buy one of these (I think we already have enough notifications, thank you very much)! But I know a few moms who have one and they absolutely love it, so I can't exclude it from the list just because it's not my top choice!  

Not to toot my own horn but you could also surprise her with an enrollment to my e-course ;)

I hope you guys loved this list and can find some inspiration for the fantastic and hard working mother in your life! 


  1. Yes! Thank you! I'm a working mom to 11 month old twins and this all is so much more applicable (and appreciated) than a candle! Anything that maximizes the downtime I have with my family is the way to go!

  2. Hi Laura! I had absolutely no idea what to get my mom for mother's day but this post helped! The diaper bag is so cute, no one would be able to tell it's a diaper bag.
    Love all your posts & much blessings to you and your family!

    Lesley -

  3. Looking forward to your blogpost/giveaway on pumping! super excited :D Also, can you make a post on baby foods (Solids)?

  4. I am very impressive with your clock. It is very nice.
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

  5. wow, great post! your post is really informative and helpful. thanks for sharing.

    Perpetual Gifts | online flower delivery


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere