blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Work It Out

January 1, 2016

Work It Out

Happy New Year everyone! Just sharing a couple of my favorite work out pieces for getting back into the gym! And who am I kidding, if i'm honest I have to share that since having baby #2, when I'm not at the hospital I pretty much live in workout clothes - whether I'm working out or not! But for some reason I'm obsessed! Click on any of the images below to get to the item!

My go-to is a good pair of compression leggings and a flowy top (I have the ones below in so many colors - they're my favorite and pair perfectly with a cute sports bra underneath)! A good hoodie is essential as well! 

 
I'm not a big fan of wearing makeup to the gym, but ever since trying this stay all day lipstick by Stila I am obsessed! I started with the perfect red (for my skin tone it's their shade called Beso), but for the gym I think a nude would be perfect, and this really needs no re-application whatsoever! After your sweat session I love these wipes to clean away the built up sweat and oil - these ones have two different textures on each side and glycolic acid that is one of the best chemical exfoliators (I've mentioned it in this post) - you'll have fewer breakouts and glowing skin (and not just thanks to your workout)! 


And for Christmas I got super spoiled and N got me these pair of Nikes - I am absolutely in love! There are so many other cute patterns as well! Mine are the porpoise/cool grey. Clicking the picture below will take you to the cheapest price ($90), but they're only available in 2 sizes - here is a link with more sizes (but they are full price)! **Update! Found them on sale for $90 here! I don't know how long the sale lasts but hopefully you can snag a pair if you're looking! (And for more sneaker inspiration check out this post - with more awesome sales)!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you usually walk, run, take classes at the gym, or create your own workout routine? i'm starting to go to the gym this week and taking classes because i don't know how to do a free routine on the exercise equipment. it's so intimidating! yoga, zumba, and a tone/shaping class is what i'll be doing 3x a week. what do you suggest?

    also, just wanted to say i really enjoy reading your posts. especially your journey through medical school...i'm going to grad school, just got out of a 6 year relationship (which is NOT a fun journey) and just reading your posts and seeing you with kids and a husband really gives a girl some hope. thanks for sharing your positivity on the internet! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! And I left a 7 year relationship right before starting medical school... best thing I ever did ;) As far as the gym I usually like doing my own thing, mostly with free weights and a couple of machines, but I was also really into fitness for a while and had subscriptions to fitness magazines etc so sort of felt like my own personal trainer! I think trying classes is great, but I also think just meeting once with a personal trainer (most gyms will offer a complimentary session, but if not it's still usually worth the bit of money) - they can give you a feel for the gym and for some workouts to try as well as how to use equipment properly!

      Delete
  3. As a current medical student I love reading your blog for inspiration in style and in life. As I start my next rotation I've vowed to stay healthy despite the work hours and was really psyched to see this post. Unfortunately, as I was trying to click on the pictures it just linked me to pinterest. When I tried to pin it in an attempt to find the source pinterest was unable to find the image. Could you include links to the clothes above? Digging the flowy top and gray bra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry the pinterest button sort of gets in the way! But if you click towards the top of any of the pictures it will take you to the sites! I also added text links if that's easier! Good for you for trying to keep healthy even when on busy rotations - I know it's not easy!

      Delete
    2. Wow thank you for the quick reply! Added to my shopping cart. Sometimes I wonder how I lived before amazon existed.

      Delete
  4. I am very interesting your post! Thank you so much! Have a nice day!
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere