blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Baby Shower - the second time around

November 16, 2015

Baby Shower - the second time around

When my closest girlfriends and mom/MIL brought up throwing a baby shower for me I scoffed at the idea - you don't do a baby shower if you already had one for the first! We already have most of the things we need, we're just slowly pulling them out of storage, I told them. I kept being super difficult about it until they finally forced me to give them a few dates that worked for something small. Of course, dates that work are few and far between right now, so Sunday ended up being the day. I'm in the middle of a 12 day stretch of working with no days off (work all week, then long call on Saturday - meaning you work from 7am ~ 10pm, then post-call Sunday - meaning you work 7am ~ 1 or 2 or 5 lol, and then today (Monday) I still come in and work until Friday. This is the dreaded "black weekend" most residents know about and the weekend we decided worked the best for it haha! But hey you have to squeeze it in somewhere!

As tired as I was, my resident and I busted a** to get out of the hospital by 1, I actually went and got a pedicure (the first time probably in this entire pregnancy) and came home and took a quick half hour nap while Liv napped. I woke up to my girlfriends and moms cooking and getting the house ready and once I was dressed we soon enjoyed the prettiest, coziest post-call baby shower a girl could ever ask for. It was amazing and I am so so thankful for all of the effort that all of these amazing ladies put in - from all of the handmade decorations, to the delicious food and desserts, and of course the gifts (especially Liv's special big sister bag)! And most importantly time just spent catching up with the ladies I love most. Scroll below for more pics from the afternoon! 

And obviously we all stayed in our socks. The best way to spend a post-call afternoon ❤

My outfit details:
Tank (here - seriously going to buy them in every single color - they are non-maternity but super stretchy and purposefully longer length so perfect for layering - and $3...)
Cardigan, c/o (here)
Leggings (here)
Socks (here, buy 1 get 1 50%)

PS - check out this post for pics from my first baby shower for Ms. Liv!

7 comments:

  1. Love you and your beautiful family ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decor was simple and very cute. The food looked amazing as well :)

    http://www.theartofvintagerevival.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite picture has to be of Liv staring at the cupcakes lol she's seriously so cute. Im glad you enjoyed your baby shower, everything looks so beautiful and simple. :)

    livingwithleley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby shower the very well-known program or event that is especially celebrate in western countries. This program is celebrating to welcome the upcoming new baby in advance and in these programs we have found several kinds of baby shower gifts items, diaper cakes and others, unique and attractive themes and many others. As a parent it is our duty to make this celebration more and more attractive and we should follow some important instructions from here on how to celebrate baby shower program.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That poor, adorable girl in the 5th photo trying to fight back the temptation of those cupcakes. My heart is won over! Take them girl! Take them and run! No one will know! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, thank you for taking the time to share!
    Fitness Model at Workout Music Motivation videos.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere