blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: A Day to Unwind (and New Glasses)!

October 9, 2015

A Day to Unwind (and New Glasses)!

Liv's sweater here // My jacket here (in Birch White) // My tee here

Today I finally got a day off (you know your schedule sucks when you're excited about one day off) but such is intern life - I'll be working all weekend and then do another week of ICU nights! But today I'm really taking the time to soak up as much as I can from the day, while still making it relaxing enough to feel like a day off and hopefully have a bit more energy when I head to the hospital tomorrow. Heading into the eighth month of pregnancy and still working these seemingly endless 16 hour shifts is starting to take a toll on me, I'm really looking forward to my more relaxed elective time that will come in November! But until then we'll push on, and soak up days like this as much as we can!

One of the things I'm really excited about is I finally got a new pair of prescription eyeglasses!! It's the little things I tell ya ;) But seriously, working nights, or even just really long day shifts in my contact lenses has been tough - Liv broke my old pair of glasses and it's taken me forever to find a pair I like - I have this problem that I'm too picky to like most of the "budget" frames, but too frugal to allow myself to spend too much on a pair I think are cuter! Thankfully I found, they have cheap glasses that actually come in styles that I fell in love with (they have prescription sunglasses too)! I've only had my glasses for a couple of weeks now, but so far the quality has been great and I haven't had any problems with them, I can't wait to use them for my next string of nightshifts! Glasses Shop is also having a deal right now that any new customer can get their first pair free (except for shipping and handling) so you can't lose to try! And once you're hooked use code GSHOT50 to get 50% any other pairs you get ;)

I hope you all have wonderful weekends and make sure to be thankful for the time you get to spend with your loved ones!

PS - Remember my Stokke Scoot post? It's not being advertised but the black Stokke Scoot is currently $100 off here if you've been waiting for a sale! I'm not sure how long it will last!


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Hey Laura! Found your beautiful blog recently and I'm now working through old posts. I am a resident with 2 yo and baby due in Jan so similar lifestyles :) I hope you get more days like this! Keep fighting the good fight.

  3. How you're going to vote my bring this back up my very your okay what do you think a how many people up but this on animal where you guys are good okay that's very Adderum good alright so now I have to warn you it's not I'm you can't worry about whether there’s an animal hiding under the log or something like that right it's about its did you see and animal.

  4. Just be careful buying glasses online. They can't measure you so, depending on your prescription, you could get double vision or headaches. Plus you can't have the frame fitted. I used to get so many people with problems when I worked as a Dispensing Optician & the online companies would just deny responsibility leaving the patients out of pocket.

  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

  6. Great post! Check out I had a really positive experience with them. Super cute and affordable frames.

  7. Great post! Check out I had a really positive experience with them. Super cute and affordable frames.

  8. Oh how I wish I wore glasses! And your glasses look so cute on you.

  9. I loved your blog as it was interesting as well as being entertaining. I hope you are enjoying your new glasses, I know how annoying it can be having to wear contacts all the time. I also love the photo's on your blog, your kids are so cute. Good luck with your new baby, hope everything goes well.

    Lucius Calhoun @ Bolton Vision Centre

  10. I hear you loud and clear when it comes to prescription glasses. They make all the difference! And to find ones that suit your look and fit your budget is a complex and harrowing task that us four-eyed beings stress over. Kudos for providing resources! I'm sure there are loads of people out there who will be happy about this!

    Doris Gibbs @ Moody Eyes

  11. The reason we stopped going to the eye doctor was because our new insurance did not cover it any longer. We waited until there was a sale for free exams with the purchase of glasses to go see the eye doctor again. I would love to tell all your readers go see the eye doctor because you could be risking serious trouble if not.

    Audrey Mack @ Clarity Vision - Apex, NC


    telas mosquiteira
    telas mosquiteiro

    As telas mosquiteira sp , telas mosquiteiro sp garantem ar puro por toda casa livrando-a completamente dos mosquitos e insetos indesejáveis. As telas mosquiteira garantem um sono tranquilo a toda família, livrando e protegendo-nas dos mais diversos insetos. Muitos destes insetos são transmissores de doenças e a tela mosquiteira é indispensável no combate a mosquitos transmissores de doenças.

    A dengue, por exemplo, já matou centenas de pessoas só na capital de São Paulo e um pequeno investimento em nossas telas mosquiteiras podem salvar vidas. As telas mosquiteiras também impedem a entrada de insetos peçonhentos como as aranhas e os escorpiões, estes insetos também oferecem risco, pois seu veneno em poucos minutos podem levar uma criança a morte.
    telas mosquiteira jundiai
    telas mosquiteiro jundiai
    telas mosquiteira aplhaville
    telas mosquiteiro alphaville
    telas mosquiteira granja viana
    telas mosquiteiro granja vinana
    telas mosquiteira cotia
    telas mosquiteiro cotia
    telas mosquiteira tambore
    telas mosquiteiro tambore

    A chegada da temporada Primavera/Verão traz consigo a elevação da temperatura e a maior ocorrência de chuvas. Mas não é só isso. As estações mais quentes do ano causam muita dor de cabeça e muitos zumbidos indesejáveis em função das pragas urbanas – pernilongos, baratas, cupins e outros insetos -, que afetam todas as regiões brasileiras.

    Nossa missão é oferecer telas mosquiteiras de qualidade a um preço acessível, fazendo com que as telas mosquiteiras sejam uma opção viável para muitas pessoas.

    telas mosquiteira industrial
    telas mosquiteiro industrial
    telas mosquiteira industria
    telas mosquiteiro industria
    telas mosquiteira restaurante
    telas mosquiteiro restaurante
    telas mosquiteira empresa
    telas mosquiteiro empresa


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere