blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Friday favorites

September 18, 2015

Friday favorites

Happy Friday! Sharing some of my favorite finds from around the internet (and life updates) today!

Little life updates:


Liv turned two! We'll be having her birthday party this weekend and I can't wait. Even though I'm working the overnight shift into the morning of her party - nothing a little caffeine can't fix!

So many of you have asked and I've answered individually, but just wanted to say that we're waiting until birth to find out the gender of baby number 2! Part of me loves the idea of having a son, the other part of me loves the idea of having two girls! Girl or boy, all that we care about is a healthy baby, and we couldn't be more excited!

Intern year is going great. We're now at the start of our fourth block (how did that happen already!?) and for me that just means more ICU (I'm doing back-to-back ICU blocks).


Around the interwebs:

For all my med school peeps - my favorite MSIII Fran shares what's in her white coat - a perfect med school spin off of the oh-so-popular what's in my bag features other bloggers do! Love this post and will totally be jacking this idea ;) (crediting Fran of course lol)!

Amazing four year full scholarship opportunity for women planning on an undergraduate degree in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, or math) - it's a video contest! The application is due by Dec. 1st, so get to working on it now, and don't worry, I'll make sure to mention this again later!

The gorgeous Emily is giving me some major fall outfit inspiration in my favorite color palette (I know I know, I do too much grey, but it's my favorite!) - love how she layers a white shirt under the sweater - this could still work with my bump! And her boots are killer.


Awesome weekend sales:

Gap - 40% off all regular priced items with code SAVE.
I'm loving this olive ribbed dress - perfect for work because of it's length (and especially with a blazer or cardigan) but still form-fitting enough that you can make it sexy (and still keep it classy) for date night.

Old Navy - kids & baby 50% off, women's & maternity 30% off with code ENJOY.
This marled-knit boyfriend cardigan looks so cozy and is only $22! And don't get me started on this cozy cardigan for baby/toddler!

Asos - $30 off $150 with code 30WOOHOO, $50 off $200 with code 50WOOHOO
Asos has not let me down during any of my pregnancies. They make some of the best affordable maternity jeans - these are currently on my wishlist. I don't think I have to comment on the awesomeness of their nonmaternity stuff either!

Dorothy Perkins - 20% off $70 or more
These chelsea boots look like a perfect casual go-to all fall. And this shearling jacket needs to be in my closet now.

J. Crew - 25% off everything with code SHOPNOW
I'm loving this button up shirt in gingham - great for fall layering!


Hope you all have wonderful weekends!!

3 comments:

  1. The idea of waiting to find out the gender is so exciting:) Happy Belated to the beautiful Liv, hope she enjoys her birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for including my post, lady! I can't wait to see your version :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere