blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Lake House Escape

August 24, 2015

Lake House Escape

As promised in my anniversary post, I'm sharing a couple of shots from our weekend trip to the Finger Lakes in upstate New York. We rented out a house right on the water with enough room for all of us (my parents and sister, and even the dog, came along) and we had the best trip!


We spent lots of time just hanging around the dock fishing, making s'mores, lounging in the hammock, and even enjoying a dip in the lake (if it was up to Liv we would have spent all day everyday in the lake)! But the weather was nice enough that I could spend the mornings and evenings essentially living in this cozy sweater and boyfriend shorts combo (and if necessary cuddling up in our Mexican blanket that I bring on all of our trips), and then in the afternoon throwing on a bikini (mine is from here) and bathing suit for Liv (hers is from here) and getting in the water! 


On Sunday morning we explored the gorgeous Skaneateles Village and visited the famous Skaneateles Bakery! Ok it's probably not famous but it should be because everything was out of this world and I almost wanted to wait in the long line again just to order more food! It was a weekend full of memories and I'm so thankful my parents were able to enjoy it with us too. I know they loved it which meant so much to me! And I have to give a huge thank you to my co-intern (not that he reads the blog, but he deserves the acknowledgement anyway!) who covered my night shift on Friday night so we could make the 6 hour road trip Friday afternoon once I finished my Thursday night shift! Now I'm back to the shift of the living again (days)! Hooray!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as always!! Can you do a masterpost on different bags + their functionality as a med student? I've been using a backpack for as long as I can remember, but can never seem to find one that helps with the copious weight of my work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such an amazing weekend! So glad you were able to get away and enjoy some family time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water cover just lost hey we'll see you guys tomorrow for last the number you this is business partners rotator cuff workout all you need to this routine is resistance band dismay Max Muscle Xtreme sure you start with an extremely lightweight or me doing one round of seven different exercises and 20 repetitions for each exercise though you may want to start with fewer.

    http://eyeluminousfacts.com/max-muscle-xtreme/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathing and promotes agility and alertness Sun Salutation one stand upright in mountain pose legs together with your hands folded before the chest in prayer position firm thighs Cofelen Cafe Verde lift the kneecaps in relief deeply take a deep breath imp exhale completely and on the inhales sweet both arms down around and up looking a picture here just exhale tenfold.

    http://alphashredcritique.com/cofelen-cafe-verde/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boots and dress are nice!! You look like you are ready for a hot date expecting and all, which makes it even more cutesy!! Women we can still get our sexy on expecting and all!! Great look ... I enjoy your blog and precious family. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures. I can only imagine how relaxing this vacation was! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive been going through your blog and I love it so much!!! I love seeing successful women in STEM. And you are the prettiest pregnant woman I have ever seen :).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere