blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Pre-Residency Vacation

June 4, 2015

Pre-Residency Vacation

Happy Thursday ya'll (as I type that I'm slightly freaking out that it is already Thursday)! I hope you all have had a pleasant and productive week! Even though I'm out of the first trimester my exhaustion hasn't gone away yet, it needs to asap! Today I'm sharing a few photos from our trip to Miami and The Virgin Islands!


We stayed at The Biltmore in Coral Gables - we were attending a wedding there and thankfully they had a group discount! The hotel was beautiful and although it screamed old money it didn't feel completely exclusive - they truly showed amazing hospitality. 


The wedding itself was unlike anything N and I had ever seen before - there was even a freaking fireworks display that was better than my hometown's Fourth of July show. It was all breathtakingly beautiful and we couldn't be happier for the couple. 


After the wedding we flew off to St. Thomas to finally squeeze in our own little honeymoon (we never went on ours since we got straight into residency applications) and it was just what we needed. We stayed at the exact same place I wrote about here and it felt like coming home.


We visited my favorite beach, Trunk Bay, and swam (carefully, I wasn't trying to die) with sting ray and fish! It was beautiful!


We left after sunset and had dinner in St. John. The pic on the right is the view from our resort lobby! 


We did lots of lounging on the beds in our own little piece of paradise at our resort. All in all it was a perfect trip, although we missed Liv terribly! So thankful we've got the next couple of weeks to spend some quality time with her before we both start intern year! 

Shop my wedding outfits and vacation essentials here! Just click any of the images below!





13 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful there! We haven't went on our honeymoon yet. We will soon!
    Darianne | Morning Brew blog | Instagram | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers to a wonderful honeymoon for you and your hubby!

      Delete
  2. Did you need a passport to visit the USVI?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I´m new here and I love your blog! What specialties did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vacation! My first trimester exhaustion never went away! I hear it doesn't with a busy toddler. Glad you got some rest with your husband. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your vacation looked absolutely magical and well deserved!
    congratulations again!

    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the first trimester all too well. I hope you begin to start feeling better soon. But at least you got the chance to have a wonderful vacation. Your pictures are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laura,

    I'm taking a little vacation to the USVI this summer after I finish the first part of my MSN for neonatal nursing (I've been a fan of your blog for years, but it's been EXTRA clutch now that I'm back in school). Would you be willing to share the name of the VBRO rental with me? Looks beautiful! If not, the general area would be great
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do believe all of the ideas you've offered to your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for newbies. May you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.

    Toshiba PVT-375BT

    ReplyDelete



  9. Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.
    Toshiba PVT-375BT

    ReplyDelete
  10. One thing that just caught my attention is how beautiful and fit you look throughout both of your pregnancies!! How do you stay fit and radiant? Is it good genes or do you have a pregnancy routine?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere