blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Links I Love (4.3.15)

April 3, 2015

Links I Love (4.3.15)

Image via
Happy Friday everyone! Today I wanted to do something a little different and share some of my favorites from the web this week! It's always one of my favorite things to do on other people's blogs (I can't tell you how much I've learned reading A Cup of Jo's weekly links), so I thought it could be fun to do here too! Would love to know what you think, but more importantly, have an amazing weekend!!

  • We are so excited to paint some eggs this weekend with Liv (it'll be her first time, and she loves painting, so I can't wait to see how she likes this)! I'm loving this no-dye easter egg inspiration (for myself of course). How about this tip for dying eggs without (as much) mess?! 

  • I haven't been able to put this book down. Well who am I kidding, I barely have time to read, but when I do, I'm trying to finish this book. And even if I never get around to finishing I already feel like it's changed my life so much!

  • A recent study came out this month on quality time vs quantity of time with kids. All of you working moms dealing with that inevitable working mom guilt (and let's face it, all moms, whether they're home or not, worry that they're not spending enough time with their kids!) need to give this one a read.

  • I found the perfect nude heeled sandal, and of course can't find it online anywhere. So I'm relegated to sharing with you the second best nude heeled sandal. I tried, ya'll. (These are even more amazing, but insanely expensive, at least for me)!

  • These blogging tips from a successful (and more importantly, down-to-earth) blogger and medical student are pretty much all you'll ever need.

  • Are you her mother? A must-read for anyone, especially those who have the nerve to ask this question.

  • How many of us say we're "going to bed" only to spend another half hour in bed on our phones? I know I'm as guilty as they get when it comes to this! Love this challenge: 30 days of disconnecting after dark.

  • And finally, I have to share some of my favorite Forever 21 finds. Let's be real - although I have Nordstrom taste, I still have a Forever 21 budget. And that's ok! Especially when they're putting out stuff like this! Just click any of the images below to shop the looks!


  1. Love those blogging tips! Thanks for sharing!

  2. I am a huge fan and have been reading A Cup of Jo since I was a single girl in NY so I love this new addition to your blog posts! Can't wait to dive in (at baby nap time…)


  3. Love the links...I got my first "are you his mother" type question the other day, but it was from one of the middle school students in the program where I work. My blond self walked into the school carrying my brown with tight black curls son, and the kids were like, Is he YOURS?! I decided to take that as I look too young to have a baby - although I am pretty sure that was not the reasoning for the question haha :)

  4. This are great links, Laura! I've added the book to my list of 'books I hope to eventually read'. ^.^ Give Liv a big hug from Chicago <3

  5. the first shirt is really cute. I am on a student budget too and it really sucks. One day we will make enough money to shop at nordstrom without even thinking about the price of the item.


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere