blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Moving and other craziness!

February 11, 2015

Moving and other craziness!

Happy Wednesday! Just wanted to say a quick little hello and share a few updates - we've been really busy and buried in snow over here!

- Now that interview season is over we're back into school mode; I'm taking a clinical pharmacology class this month which has so far been a nice way to ease back into clinical thinking again!

- We finally moved! We're staying in Boston for intern year (and then headed to Miami for advanced residencies) - but we figured we might as well stretch out and upgrade (and still save some money - will post more about that later) for the year we have left in Boston!

- Of course we decided to move the week we got hit with the most snow in Boston's HISTORY! We literally had to dig ourselves out of snow and make paths to walk in and get our moving truck stuck in snowbanks etc. etc. But we did it!

- I left to Vegas for the weekend for one of my best friend's bachelorette party! It was an amazing time! Of course our trip back was delayed by MORE snow pounding Boston and we even spent the night stranded in the 30th Street train station in Philly - we took turns sleeping!

- We still have no furniture at our place so hopefully we'll get moving on that but we just can't catch a break with this snow! We've got more coming, and I'm not sure we can fit a truck down our street with the cars and snow that have already narrowed it so significantly!

- I leave AGAIN tomorrow night back to Philly for my USMLE Step 2 CS exam - a full day of interviewing and examining standardized patients and writing up patient notes and showing that I can act like a doctor and communicate in English. Haven't had much time to study, but hopefully will be able to cram some in today and tomorrow before my exam Friday. Crossing my fingers I get there and back without too much delay!

Hope you all have been wonderful and can't wait to catch up more soon! As always thanks for reading!

(PS - For those interested my dress and heels are both from Forever 21 - the exact dress can be found here, and I couldn't find the heels online but here are some similar ones)!


  1. Good luck settling in and your upcoming exam!! Are you avail by email at all? I currently live in Providence and am planning on relocating to Boston as a student! Would love to you know if you have advice:tips about neighborhoods that are student friendly :)

  2. Congrats on the bigger place and exciting career developments! When I matched for residency the first thing I did (aside from nearly hug-suffocating my then boyfriend, now husband because I was so excited to be moving south from the freezing north east) was look at houses! It feels amazing to be able to spread your wings a little :)

  3. Goodluck on step 2 CS!! I'm sure you'll do great. I'm sending good weather vibes your way so your family can get some furniture sent in to the new place. It is gorgeous btw!

  4. how you do it all, i'll never know.
    best of luck on your exams!!!
    and i hope boston stops getting snow soon.
    i think y'all have had enough, haha.


  5. Congratulations on the big move! You sure have your days packed, and I'm sure you'll be busy for a long time. However, I hope you'll have time to take a breather and enjoy the slow days. After all, it's good to unwind from time to time. Anyway, good luck with the move and good luck with your career! Thanks for sharing that, Laura! All the best to your family! :)

    Robyn Harmon @ Hills Moving


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere