blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Dreaming of Miami

January 28, 2015

Dreaming of Miami

Happy Wednesday! I hope you all are having great weeks and those of you who were in the path of Juno (the blizzard we just had) didn't get hit too hard! Here in Boston things certainly could have been worse, but we definitely got a ton of snow that will likely be hanging around for quite some time!

I figured now would be a good time to share some photos from our Miami trip - my last trip for residency interviews! That's right ya'll, I'm all done interviewing!! Yay! For most of my trips I stayed in cheap hotels close to the airport or flew in and out of town in the same day in an effort to save money (and spend as little time as possible away from Liv), but for this trip, I decided N and Liv would come with me and we'd stay right on the beach! Might as well make the best of it, right?

We stayed at the Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, and for us, I'm not sure we could have found a more perfect place! The location was really ideal, right on the beach (and close but not too close to the hustle and bustle of South Beach), with everything you could want on the property - both pools were beautiful, the restaurant had delicious food, prompt room service, and best of all when I stopped by in the morning before Liv and N woke up they would make my coffee in a to-go cup (for free) so I could walk out on the beach with it. Heavenly. A completely unexpected surprise was the amazing play area they had set out at the beach for kids - by the looks of the place on their website I was a little concerned it might not be the most kid friendly of places, but it totally was! I was able to set up camp on the beach right near the play area that was covered with umbrellas and full of beach toys - Liv and I both loved it! And N got to run on the beach, all he ever needs! 

The day of my interview N took Liv to the Seaquarium while I spent all day touring and interviewing at the hospital. It worked out wonderfully! And the best part was at the end of the day when I came outside, they were already there playing and Liv ran full speed to me and gave me the biggest hug! Talk about motivation for why I work so hard. 


  1. This is beautiful... Thanks For sharing ��

  2. This was definitely a nice pick-me-up especially after all the terrible weather happening! Liv is such a cutie :)

    this sojourner

  3. You write so well & don't even get me started on your beautiful family-i hope i get one like yours someday!
    Ps. I stalk your IG page everyday (yes everyday) so i can see photos of Liv; she's ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!
    With love from Kenya, Africa!

  4. What specialty do you want to do?

  5. These photos warm my cold winter heart. So darling, and so glad you guys got to make a mini well-deserved vacation out of your last(!!!) interview! xo

  6. Your baby is ADORABLE! Love the pictures!

  7. where did your husband match? good luck!

  8. soo cute

  9. Beautiful pictures and such a beautiful family :) !
    Jade x

  10. that first photo is beyond gorgeous!!!

  11. You're such an inspiring person with an amazing family and balanced life! Question: you both seem so in shape how do you guys work fitness into such a busy schedule? Did you maintain it throughout medical school?
    Thanks for your blogs!:)

  12. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. I’ll give you a link on your web blog. I recently came to know about, their Beach Toys are very effective.
    Beach Toys Thanks for sharing.


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere