blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Easy Summer Skin

May 18, 2014

Easy Summer Skin

I get a lot of questions about my skin care routine, so here are the products I'm loving right now, especially as we start to get into warmer weather!

For a gentle morning and evening cleanser I use La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Gel, and at night I follow with their Effaclar serum. For daytime, I skip the serum (twice a day caused me to peel a bit) and go straight to Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizer for sensitive skin. I pat a bit of Dermadoctor's Photodynamic Therapy Liquid Red Light Eye lotion around my eyes - an area I used to be able to ignore - but the bags under them are real now! I'm still using the sample size I got as you really only need a tiny bit (I've had it for almost two months now!) For daily sun protection and evening out my skin a bit I apply Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Glow Sheers Illuminating tinted moisturizer with SPF 30. I absolutely love this stuff - it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything and just looks like a better version of my real skin! I will warn you that it smells a lot like sunscreen (which I'm ok with, especially during the summertime), and seems a little shiny when you first apply, but this goes away within a few minutes and you're left with gorgeous skin! I do have to use an undereye concealer just to lighten up that area a bit - for that I use Covergirl Smoothers Concealer. Finally, I skip any other makeup entirely and just brush my eyebrows, filling them in a bit with the dark brown shade in this Revlon Colorstay palette. I love this palette because 1) it's the perfect brown for my brows, and 2) if I have some extra time and actually want to do eye makeup this makes for the perfect daytime smoky eye. And there you have it! All the products I use - from washing my face to the final grooming of the brows this takes me less than 5 minutes in the morning - about all I have with Liv haha!


  1. Your make-up always looks amazing! I also love how practical and obtainable these products are.

  2. Awesome post! Do you find that the Dermadoctor lotion helps any with dark circles?

    1. Thank you! You know I haven't really noticed it doing too much for the darkness, but it's been awesome for bags and puffiness as well as overall smoothness of the undereye area.

  3. Thank you So much for posting all of your favorites!! My dry skin usually flares up when the weather changes too!

    spider vein treatment cream

    rosacea face wash

    pain relief cream

    psoriasis cream

    barrier cream


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere