blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: A Little Fancy

December 10, 2013

A Little Fancy

Over the weekend N and I attended a ball at the beautiful Institute of Contemporary Art - my mom drove down to watch Liv for the night (so thankful for her being relatively close) and I had a chance to actually get a manicure! I didn't have time to wash and blow dry my hair so I put it up in a big bun, went with a smokey eye and nude lip, and slipped into the most gorgeous Badgley Mischka gown for the evening. This was my second time renting from Rent the Runway and it was another great experience that made for a wonderful night! 

I love that you can get 2 sizes of the dress to find the best fit, and even order a backup dress for just $30! This dress was actually my "backup" and I liked it better than the one I thought I wanted. I was amazed that I fit into the size 0 (take that baby weight!), but wasn't sure that my boobs would fit by the end of the night since I wouldn't be pumping (TMI? sorry!), so I went the size 2 instead. The best part is at the end of it I just threw all the dresses into the pre-addressed bags and dropped them in a UPS box! Done! Do you have holiday parties coming up? Would love to know what you're wearing!
  

22 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous! Red is your color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just stunning.
    i've never heard of rent the runway before but it sounds like a great service!
    i'll definitely check them out the next time i have a big event :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look stunning!!! and I feel like I'm learning so much from you just with the TMI comments haha! I will be somewhere sunny for the christmas week so I'll probably be in a sun dress but for new years I'm on the hunt for something sparkly maybe :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two look amazing! And love your dress pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a handsome couple! You both looked rather stunning. Happy holidays!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You both look amazing and very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, this is a great idea especially for students. I think I might give in and send a couple dresses off to the hotel I need to stay in for a wedding in April. You two look stunning. (And Liv must have had so much fun with grandma!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous! You are stunning. You two make a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is stunning on you! How fun to have such a special dress-up event to go to together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS, Laura. Glad you and N had a night to yourselves!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is stunning and you looked gorgeous in it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow absolutely stunning hone you rock that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look absolutely stunning! What a great concept, I am going to have to look into Rent the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! and you are so pretty. That dress was made for you and you two look perfect!
    Dee
    Ms Dee Kay

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful couple! That dress was so gorgeous and complimented you perfectly in every single way!

    I have a lifestyle, fashion, and beauty blog as well! I blog about anything and everything including recipes and my husband's and my first baby that is on the way! It would mean a lot to me if you checked it out and told me what you think of it!

    Kelcie Talk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that dress on you! And good for you for kicking the baby weight! What is your secret? I am due in 6 weeks - EEEk!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You two are the most beautiful couple! xo Moe

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing GOD BLESS love from France !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere