blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Pumpkin Bread Pudding

October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

I originally shared this recipe on the blog a couple of years ago after adapting it from here, and let me tell you this dish has become a fall classic that we all look forward to year after year. It's in that dangerous category of desserts that aren't too sweet so you can actually keep eating it (and eating and eating and eating) until it's all gone! (which is exactly what I did last week - oops!)


Here's what you'll need:
1 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup whole milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, plus an extra egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
1 baguette, cut up into small pieces
1 stick melted unsalted butter


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, pumpkin, sugar and salt, eggs, and spices. In a separate bowl, melt the butter, and toss the bread cubes in to coat them, then add the bread to the larger bowl with pumpkin spice mix, making sure all pieces are coated evenly. Place the bread mix in an ungreased casserole dish and bake until the custard is set, about 25-35 minutes. Seriously one of my favorite desserts of all time. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, dessert for tonight is decided :) YOM. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love pumpkin bread pudding. Try making it next time with challah bread and topping it with whipped cream- heavely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had bread pudding, but it's one of my dad's favorites. So, I just may try this, it looks good and I do like pumpkin. A few days ago I posted a list of fall desserts that I want to try before the season is over, so I'll be adding yours to my list!

    http://inspirationele.blogspot.com/2013/10/tis-season-fall.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere