blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Rainy Day Stories

August 1, 2013

Rainy Day Stories

Sometimes it rains. The happiest people know how to enjoy the rain, or at least laugh hysterically at their soaked clothes and frizzy hair. Ok maybe that was a really bad metaphor (it was) but I just wanted to share a few of the less graceful bits of this pregnancy. You guys have been so amazing with your comments and somehow I'm making all this look "easy," (my grandpa always did say "never let 'em see you sweat"). But sometimes you have to let 'em see a little something and share that the most important part is just to keep smiling. So here goes a quick list!


1. The pregnancy "glow." It's not really a glow, more like a sheen, a big oily sheen that came with a lot of breakouts in the first trimester. Nothing a little mud mask couldn't help, but I still feel like a glazed munchkin donut at the end of the day. More like 2 hours into the day lately. 

2. Underboob. What the hell is this!?!? Some of you were blessed with full non-pregnant breasts, but I had no such thing until now, and with it comes the dreaded underboob. And in the heat of summer, it is not cool. Not cool. 

3. Marshmallow feet. Maybe you guys have just been really nice, or maybe you really haven't noticed (doubt it) but my feet have blown up!! I can't be on them for more than an hour without them looking like they're about to explode, which doesn't work out too well in the hospital or lab. They've actually gone up a size and a half already! And they burn! We bought new ottomans just so I could get my feet up more. It's sort of hard not to laugh at them though. My toes are like little fat sausages. Haha, gross. 

4. Having to roll out of bed. I used to use the phrase all the time,  like, "yeah, I rolled out of bed and did blah blah blah." But I never actually rolled out of bed. Now I literally roll. Like swing a little to one side to get enough momentum to roll over to the other side. Like push myself up using the wall except I can't sleep against the wall anymore because crawling over N in the middle of the night was becoming quite the obstacle course. Man I'd love to catch my roll on video. 

5. Kicks to the bladder. I have to tell ya, nothing is cooler than feeling baby girl kick - I've got a little firecracker in there already. And no one else knows - it's just between me and her (excluding the times creepers stare at my belly on the bus and probably see it moving - it's like something out of Alien I tell you). But then she goes and kicks (or headbutts) my bladder. I don't think I can describe that for you. I guess just imagine someone inside of you, sitting on an organ, kicking it. So sweet of her. 

The list can go on, but I think you guys get the idea. And really, the point is not to list them, not even focus on them.  Sadly there are people who let this stuff get them down and get all "pregnancy sucks" on you, when really these are just the little things that come with the blessing of bringing a little life into this world. There's a little human growing in there, who will depend on us for everything, and before we know it have her own thoughts, her own dreams, her own loves, and her own impact on this world. If that's not the coolest thing I don't know what is.

{Outfit details: JC Penney shirt (similar on sale here), Old Navy dolman sleeve cardigan (similar here), American Eagle leggings (similar here), Hunter boots (here), Relic watch (on sale here!), two tone bag (similar here)}

10 comments:

  1. this was the absolute sweetest post and i legitimately did not notice your feet lol ! but you're right .. in the end, all the joy your daughter will bring into your life will by FAR outweigh the sausage toes and a little underboob :)

    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to save this and read it when it is my turn :) Thanks and stay positive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are sharing this! You literally have just looked stunning throughout your pregnancy so it is nice to know not everything is perfect LOL. I am going to have crazy marshmallow feet, underboob and swollen, sausage fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL haha I remember rolling over to get out of the bed you are looking so cute! Can't wait to see your baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute outfit! i actually wore stripes today as well (rainy day)
    this is such a cute post. underboob!! was the funniest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha i am with you girl! i have been "rolling" out of bed since like week 28. my husband thinks it's HILARIOUS!! you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Molly! Hopefully we won't be rolling for too much longer!

      Delete
  7. loool i am with you on the "pregnancy glow thing" i still waiting on it because all i am getting is spots and oily skin!!! now if thats pregnancy glow then boy!!! also the kicks to the bladder when you are sleeping making you have to roll out of bed to use the toliet not fun at all!!! love this post by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I'm pretty sure that's what the "glow" is!! Thanks for your comment and congrats!

      Delete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere