blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Nesting Instinct

August 20, 2013

Nesting Instinct

As the time for baby girl's arrival grows near (36 weeks - ahem, 9 months - today!) more and more friends and strangers are asking me if I'm "ready." My answer is always something like "pretty much, just need to put up one more shelf." The nesting instinct is definitely in effect (and has been), and as I work in lab cutting up skin and looking under the microscope I'm daydreaming about spray painting lamps and, yes, putting up that damn shelf. Here are some iPhone shots of the place so far - still a work in progress! 


And thank you all so much for your sweet comments on our maternity shoot! We are so happy with how they came out! If only I had that shelf to display them on ;)

8 comments:

  1. I'm (still) so excited for you!! So glad you've been doing well. Can't wait for more updates...XO!!

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your place looks so cute and cozy ... i'm sure your baby girl will love her little room (during the hours she's not sleeping, of course)

    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww love it! It is such a beautiful space! Bet you can't wait for your baby to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you gonna do Derm??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely on my list of potential specialties! That, rheumatology, oncology... we shall see!

      Delete
  5. The nursery looks so simple an amazing (or is it mommy and daddy's room / nursery? Lol) where did you get the crib from? Looks like the perfect size for small spaces, which I wll be working with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's our room + nursery! We're definitely working with a smaller space - and the crib is perfect for that - here's the link! http://rstyle.me/~ITnI I'll be doing a full home tour post soon with more details if you're interested!!

      Delete
  6. The white makes the room looks so peaceful and larger. I remember went through the whole nesting period - TWICE!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere