blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Gold Tip French Manicure

July 31, 2013

Gold Tip French Manicure

Blame it on the mommy hormones and taking these prenatal vitamins, but my nails have really been growing like mad and my manicures just can't keep up! Maybe it's a habit from working in the hospital, but gel manicures have been my go-to for the last year - they look great and last for weeks - that is until now. I wanted something new but couldn't force myself to shell out the money for another gel, so I picked up Sally Hansen's Salon Effects French Manicure polish strips in Gold Cabaret at my local drugstore. 


They were easy to put on, although a little more time consuming than the normal designs because there are two polish strips for each nail - one for the gold french tip and another for the clear top coat. A few pointers for a great result - make sure you start with well-buffed and squeaky clean nails (do another once-over with polish remover), try to position the strips correctly the first time (repositioning makes them a little less adhesive), and don't be scared to stretch them a bit to get a nice, smooth application.

My favorite part of these strips is that there is no drying time (what I also love about gel manicures). For me this meant I could relax with a few extra minutes at night and put these on without worrying about getting dents and imprints from sleeping with them before they were 100% dry. That's the worst. Would love to hear what your experience has been with these strips or what you use instead!

8 comments:

  1. I love how these turned out! I haven't tried them yet, how long did they last you? I might have to pick some up since it's been months since I've had any color on these hands. Pregnancy has made me lazy, haha!

    Lindsay
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! So far they've lasted about a week without chipping, other times I've used these they lasted a good two weeks!

      Delete
  2. these are GORGEOUS!!! i kinda wanna try them out now... thanks for the tip (no pun intended), laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look great ! I've personally never tried them because I always imagine it being a lot more difficult than it looks. But the no drying time is definitely a selling point. Every time I paint my nails, without fail, I come up with a million and one things I need to do that all involve ruining my nails. It's the worst.


    www.futurelawyergirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely wouldn't call these "easy" but the no mess/no dry is really what sold me and how long they last. I'm the same as you - nothing worse than doing a fancy manicure then ruining it because you didn't have 2 hours to sit and let them dry completely!

      Delete
    2. That looks great! I think I'll pick one up for my holiday mani around Christmas!

      xx, Julie
      OBSESSED

      Delete
  4. Oh my God, I like such neat manis! I love Jennifer Aniston pretty much, because she’s ideal woman who has perfect body, hair and hands! :) I always take an example from her beauty and definitely take care of myself. Nails are my biggest love, because they’re the reflection of my soul and inner world. I like when my nails are fine where ever I’m. So in my turn I would like to advise to all girls my favorite nail salon websites which are the best helpers in my nail care, because only here you will meet such diversity of incredible spa treatments for your nails! Now you can use services of given salon even in Ibiza and it is unreal cool in my mind! :) Let’s care for ourselves and only then we will love our reflection in the mirror! :) And of course remember – there is no limit to perfection, therefore go-go-go! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere