blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: D.I.Y. Burlap Banner

July 19, 2013

D.I.Y. Burlap Banner

Happy Friday! Wanted to wrap up this baby shower themed week (see earlier posts on the baby shower and what I wore) with a fun and easy DIY! I made this "Oh Baby" burlap banner to hang over our makeshift pink backdrop (which just consisted of rose-pink fabric pinned around the curtain rod and tied it at the bottom with twine ). 
What you'll need:
- burlap (I bought a small roll for crafting)
- twine
- acrylic paint for text
- paint brush
- scissors
- fabric glue 
- stencil (optional)
Cut out triangle pieces of burlap - enough for whatever your saying is. Cutting one to be your outline for the rest makes it super easy. Using acrylic paint and your paint brush, paint each piece with a letter or symbol for your banner (the other option is using a stencil which I didn't have, but I'm sure would make this even easier). Let paint dry. Measure your piece of twine to be long enough to fit your saying and have lots of extra room for tying it up somewhere. Apply fabric glue to the tops of your burlap triangles and apply to your twine, don't be afraid to get your hands sticky! Let dry, and hang that baby up when it's ready! 

That's it! I literally made mine the morning of my shower and loved how it came out! Would love to hear if any of you try it!!


  1. wow! it turned out nice! you did a great job!

  2. I loveeee this. I wish I was creative/ artistic enough to do this for my sister's bridal shower.

  3. So, so darling!

    Thanks for linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites!

    Lauren xx


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere