blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: A Day of Food

June 14, 2013

A Day of Food

I've been getting lots of questions about my diet and exercise habits especially now during pregnancy. 
I figured I'd give you a peak into all of my meals for a day!
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Days I'm not running late I try to include lots of protein and some fresh fruit. 
A go-to is strawberries and 1% cottage cheese with an egg sandwich on a 
low fat whole grain english muffin. So satisfying! 
For a mid-morning snack (especially the days lunch happens much later),  
I have half a peanut butter sandwich on my absolute favorite 15 grain whole wheat bread 
with a cup of skim milk. 
Mid-afternoon I might have the other half of the sandwich if I start to get hungry.
For lunch I'll usually try to be good and bring leftovers from dinner the night before -
of course this means lunch is only healthy if dinner was ;)
This was leftover ratatouille with garlic cous cous (yum!)
I had for lunch with a half cup of fresh blueberries. 
And then dinner.  You can't always plan your meals perfectly and sometimes you end up with pizza
for dinner. I see nothing wrong this, especially when you've been eating well throughout the day!
Enjoy the pizza!
(Not my actual pizza, this actually looks much healthier than mine. At least more veggies...)
Image {via}

So there you have it! An average day of food for me. Not going to bother counting calories because that's not what really matters, more about gaining pregnancy weight at a good, healthy rate, getting enough nutrients for me and baby, and staying active! 

Would love to know if you guys have any other questions or post ideas you'd like to see (besides the usual outfit posts!). 
Thanks as always for reading, and happy Friday!!

8 comments:

  1. This is pretty close to what I eat - so that makes me feel good!

    Have a great weekend
    xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your breakfast it has made me so hungry haha. I pretty much eat the same way so it's nice to see some new ideas :)
    I would love to see some study habits and time management posts if you're up for doing them!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious to know how you eat when you're not pregnant. Could you share that, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post just made me sooo hungry. thanks a lot lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I'm now officially starving!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this delicious food... you just may have convinced me to make a kitchen run- ha! Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummy! These all look delicious and healthy.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you stay away from the bacon?!? haha I really need to do better in the fresh fruit department.

    Chanel,
    www.chaneljibal.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere