blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Delivering Babies

October 24, 2012

Delivering Babies

Happy Wednesday! Work It Wednesday will have to be postponed because it turns out I still wear scrubs everyday on ob/gyn! I wear blue every single day (see first photo from my instagram -lauralacquer - for an idea). My real clothes is feeling unloved, my closet's all dusty. It's alright though, because yesterday, on my first full day of ob/gyn, I delivered my first baby. Now, I fully expected to just watch this whole process, but next thing I knew I was the one with my hands down there instructing my patient in Spanish to push as the midwife told me what to do. Unreal. In a matter of seconds a woman went from being completely alone and in tremendous pain (she had no support there besides us) to having the only thing in the world she needed and bursting into tears of joy. It was beautiful. The second photo is of course not me or the baby I delivered (mine was more slimy) but you get the idea.
Image {via}

19 comments:

  1. Haha I love how you're still wearing cute shoes under your scrubs!!!

    Congrats on delivering your first baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exhilarating, congratulations on delivering your first baby!!
    and to boot, you look dashing in those scrubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, and so touching <3

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! That is amazing!

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...congrats on your first delivery!
    ~Jessica
    http://jeansandateacup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and wonderful, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This girl over here with the baby fever (questionable infertility) is breaking down in tears a little bit... how amazing that you are a part of people's lives in such an intimate way.
    www.theopinionatedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm incredibly jealous. OB-GYN is what I want to go into.

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations!!!! you are beautiful, smart and helping bring life to the world. kudos to you :) i'm now following you to experience some more of your adventures:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That story actually made me tear up a bit! Congrats on delivering your first baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Go Laura!!
    I am a medical student in London and have my obgyn rotation next yer :)

    Aarthi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so incredible. My son was born one year ago today...so this post is extra special to me :-) What a great profession you have!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura, excellent blog post.
    -Sam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to you! Such a smart and stylish girl. What a lethal combo ;-)

    ~Whitney
    www.whitneynicjames.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere