blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Work It Wednesday No.20

September 25, 2012

Work It Wednesday No.20

Dress, boutique back home (similar here and here)
Blazer, Banana Republic (similar here)
Pumps, Guess (similar here)
Bag, Target

Middle of the week already! I think this Wednesday it's finally time for September's edition of Work It Wednesday. These link ups have been tough to do lately seeing as I never dress up on my surgery rotation. Even on clinic days I'm dressed on the way casual end of business casual (tossing a stethoscope around my neck is the only legitimate accessory I need anyway). 

My look centers around a dress with a plunging backline perfect for a night out, but completely inappropriate for the office - until you throw on a blazer and immediately have a great look! And for cocktails after work just lose the jacket and add a smoky eye! 

My favorite look from August's link up was by Lindsey from Thrift and Shout!
Loved the colors, the stripes, and the fit of this entire look! Amazing thrifting too! So cute for work Lindsey!
I'm trying something new this week, especially for those of you who don't have your own blogs. Snap a picture of your look and share it on instagram with the tag #workitwednesday for the chance to be featured there! 

Of course for those of you with blogs, link up here for a chance to be featured next month. I can't wait to see what you ladies share, I've missed seeing all of your inspiring and oh-so-chic work looks! So check out the looks, link up below, and spread the word! As always thanks so much for reading. 

Linking this look up with Pretty Shiny Sparkly and The Pleated Poppy as well! 

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous dress love the entire look you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Suburban Sweetheart--gorgeous! What a great find of a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful! That't the perfect fall color dress. Oxblood + peplum, two styles in one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress! It has so many beautiful details!!

    -Stephanie
    @LaminLouboutins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura - I love, love, LOVE this outfit! That dress is .... everything! The color looks gorgeous on you!

    Dhruvi
    http://stilettosandsequins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....what a gorgeous dress.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. EEEE! Thank you so much for picking me! I LOVE your dress! you look so gorgeous!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. just found this linkup and i am beyond excited! I love fashion and blogging about it but so many of my looks are for work so I am excited to get some inspiration for workwear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVELY dress. Perfect fall color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh now lindsey is a cutie!! I love the make of the dress but what makes it stand out is the color!! It looks awesome on you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look is so amazingly fantastic! I love this dress to pieces.
    - Stopping by from linkup at Pleated Poppy!
    www.theopinionatedgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is definitely a head turner! I found your site on What I Wore Wednesday and am now your newest follower. Come over and check me out at http://theserenasaga.blogspot.com.

    xx
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the first dress! kisses. If you want to visit my blog:

    www.lefamilledelamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty dress! I would love to participate in 'Work it Wednesday' one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This dress is SUPER DUPER gorgeous!

    http://thriftyandshameless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere