Life Lately

September 12, 2012

The weekend was spent doing a 24 hour shift at the hospital on Friday and then heading directly back home to Springfield to that hospital to visit my mama. She had surgery and hopefully is on the road to recovery. 
 The week thus far has been spent doing some pretty amazing cases in the OR. I'm on surgical oncology right now, and this picture is me sitting shotgun with my surgeon and the DaVinci robot doing a case. A great week for learning so far. 
Of course all the learning means long hours - I arrive when it's dark and leave when it's dark. 
 No complaining here though, this is what I came home to yesterday :)
Thanks for reading, and I hope you all are having great weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Laura, I hope your mom has a speedy recovery.
    Dayi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Hope your mom's recovery is swift!

    Just found your blog. Wanted to say good luck with medical school. I'm in my last yr of residency now and I remember how hard/exciting 3rd year was. Keep doing! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...