blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: A Day in the Life of a Harvard Med Student: surgery

September 17, 2012

A Day in the Life of a Harvard Med Student: surgery

So I'll start by saying that there's nothing special about being a Hah-vad med student, but I can only speak for my school when I tell you what a day in the life is like. I get a lot of questions (from family, friends, and readers) about what an average day is like for me; of course there are no "average" days in the clinical years (the first two years are mostly class time, but now it's all hospital time, and as each rotation varies so does the way the day is spent). I'm on surgery right now; here was my day today:
Just another day, really not a bad day at all - the tougher days are when you're in the OR until 8 or 9. But as they say, time flies when you're having fun! And surgery is lots of fun. Hope this answered some of your questions! Let me know if you guys liked this post and I can do more like it as I continue on different services. As always thanks for reading! 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving us a summary of your day! It's great that you're enjoying what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major props to you!!
    This day is not for the weak of heart...and you're a real trooper to do this!!
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop ;)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please! I'm mystified by what happens in the hospital, what my med school friends do and what my pre-med friends will do very soon. This is really interesting, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally love hearing about your medschool adventures. I just finished up my apps so it just gets me more pumped about starting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is what sets you apart from other blogs! You're stylish, pretty, creative, oh and wait for it...a med student! Lady, you are the full package :) This is great, I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything said! You are classy and very relatable while keeping it real, I enjoy your youtube videos too. :)

      Delete
  6. from living with my fiance, sounds about right!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a full day! It definitely takes a special person to be a med student!
    ~jessica
    www.jeansandateacup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! All this in a day! You are truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All this and you still find time to blog and inspire us with fashion! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason as I was reading your post all I could think about was Grey's Anatomy and which character you would be. Some reason I see you as being Christina. A true go-getter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this! Please keep doing this. It would also be nice to see some pictures throughout the day to go with the words. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere