blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Soft Summer Hair and Skin

August 2, 2012

Soft Summer Hair and Skin

The two products I can't live without for summer: Coconut Oil and Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner. Read below for how I use these!

Deep conditioner: Apply coconut oil to dry hair and leave on for at least 2 hours (I usually leave on overnight with a shower cap on). Shampoo and condition hair as normal the next morning. My favorite deep conditioner!

Body scrub: In a small bowl mix 1 part coconut oil with 1 part plain sugar. Apply to dry skin in circles as you would a body scrub. Wash up in the shower with soap as usual (but be careful, the floor may get slippery)!

Shaving lotion: Apply tropical coconut conditioner to legs in shower as shaving lotion - you're guaranteed a close and smooth shave (these Schick razors are my absolute favorite).

Moisturizer: Apply a small amount (and I mean a small amount) of coconut oil to body. This oil absorbs pretty quickly so you won't feel greasy, just amazingly soft!

Daily hair rinse: For those of you with drier hair (like me), the tropical coconut hair conditioner can be used daily in the shower as a hair rinse. No need for shampoo, just rub into scalp and hair in the shower and rinse! Especially if you're wearing your hair naturally curly this is one of my favorites.

So there you have it ladies, a few uses for two amazing (and ridiculously cheap) products. What are your favorite products for summer?


  1. I am loving this post!!
    I did a similar one but yours have many creative uses for the coconut oil.
    You can see mine here:

    I am definitely going to try the scrub out...that sounds absolutely decadent!!

    jst amazing but today i saw coconut oil for the first time (truly!!!) in one store in my town. i hesitated a lot but now i know how i can use it and promise me to and get it tomorrow. Big tx Laura.

  3. where can I get that specific Coconut oil?

  4. where can I get that specific Coconut oil?


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere