blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: DIY Distressed Shorts

June 27, 2012

DIY Distressed Shorts

Here's a quick and easy DIY perfect for summer I mentioned in my last post: distressed jean shorts! 
I scored these great jeans for $4.99 and they fit perfectly! I began by cutting them a little longer than I wanted (nothing is worse than cutting a great pair of jeans too short) and cut slightly shorter and shorter until they were the perfect length on me. Make sure to cut with the pockets out and at a slight angle inwards towards the crotch area so that the sides are a little shorter and the crotch area is a little longer. I'm giggling each time I type crotch by the way. Place something sturdy (I used cardboard) in the leg and go to town with a knife (safely of course). You can cut a few slits with scissors and scrape the rest with the knife. The key at the end is to throw them into the washing machine after you've made all of your cuts! Here's how my shorts turned out! 

Let me know if you found this useful! I'd love to hear how your shorts turn out! Thanks as always for reading! 

P.S. You ladies were so sweet (and funny) in your comments in my last post regarding my legs! I'm flattered and would love to share a workout post in the future when I've got some more free time!

18 comments:

  1. They look fab and you make it look really simple- I think finding the jeans might be the hardest part!

    Doll on fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been meaning to try this, great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking about this!! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That easy hu?! I would have never guessed. I will have to try this out for myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness..I just cut a pair of pants into shorts today!!

    Ashley:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must try this!

    www.BrillianceOfB.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was done really well....love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that this DYI project is going to be one I'm going to have to try out. Totally want a awesome pair of high waist shorts that are distress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What happened to your question and answer post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah thanks for reminding me completely forgot about it! Hopefully it will be done soon but working in the hospital isn't leaving too much extra time for posts!

      Delete
  11. great post!

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! I just did this yesterday. Didn't do the distressed looked- i prefer my jeans cuffed but I paid five dollars as opposed to 25+ :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish I had your amazing legs so i could pull these shorts off!!

    www.Pineapplelilyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shorts look awesome!

    http://funandoblivious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I found your blog by pinterest.. and I LOVE IT! I was needing some new shorts, but didn't have the money to purchase ones I really liked, and then I read your blog! Thank you so much, it was super easy and the shorts look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how did you do the fringe at the bottom ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just by cutting straight across with scissors and then throwing them in the wash - the fringe doesn't appear until after you've washed/dried them! Hope this helps!

      Delete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere