blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Weekend In Newport

March 5, 2012

Weekend In Newport

This weekend we went on a little escape. Just an hour from home, it wasn't too far, but it was just enough. We went to Newport, Rhode Island, one of our favorite places in the whole wide world! Something about this little gem of a town is just so magical every time we go, and this weekend was no different. A perfect little recharge for my batteries that were quickly draining.
We stayed in a gorgeous suite at the Pearls Boutique Hotels and couldn't have picked a more amazing place to be at. Ray the owner made sure we had everything we needed, even extra bottles of wine or more logs for the fireplace. Brian the chef made us an amazing breakfast that made us feel like royalty (which we are very far from, we're not very used to being catered to). Everyone was so welcoming and everything was so beautiful we contemplated asking how much rent would be so we could just move in. Needless to say we will be back. I hope you all had recharging weekends! Back to the work week, back on the grind! xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! It is nice to get away from the usual every once in awhile, I think my boyfriend and I are planning on some sort of a trip this weekend for our one year! Wish I lived closer to Rhode Island ;)

    Have a great week!

    xoxo,
    Rachel

    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great time! I love the photo of you guys kissing - that is definitely a framer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a really good and relaxing weekend.. :) beautiful photos.
    Much love, Gabriele. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a nice lil getaway... sounds so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds perfect! love the pics and the place you stayed is so quaint-- i love it!

    ~nic

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the hotel room !!!! great photos you and him are so cute together

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl I am dying to know what your man thinks of the sock bun (or any tight bun-on-top-of-head)--my bf haaates it! It's always a thing! LOL Hopefully Dave is more reasonable and fashion-aware! :) Have fun in Cancun when you go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thankfully my bf likes it, but he's not too picky. I come out with my hair looking like a lion and he still says he loves it. So I'd take his opinion with a grain of salt ;) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere