blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Layers and a New Link-Up!

February 21, 2012

Layers and a New Link-Up!

Top, F21
Cardigan, Charlotte Russe
Leggings, Rainbow
Boots, Jessica Simpson
Scarf, TJ Maxx

A simple layered outfit I wore for dinner Saturday night. Amazing dinner. Heavenly even. For those of you around Boston, we went to Orinoco, one of my favorite spots to eat that is not even a 5 minute walk from my place! Thankfully it's not cheap or else I'd be there every single day. Arepas, sweet plantains, rice and beans, molten chocolate cake? I need to stop! 

In other not-so-mouth-watering news, I've decided to start a new link-up on the blog! I got great feedback on Twitter regarding a work look link-up. I love dressing down for class and whenever I'm out, but when I'm at the hospital business attire is a must. I love seeing what other bloggers wear for business attire (from business casual to super conservative), so I want to see what you've got! The link-up will be called "Work It Wednesday," and it starts tomorrow! So be here tomorrow and share your outfits with us! I'll make a badge thingy eventually but for now just look out for tomorrow's post and link up! Hope you guys are excited, I know I am! Thanks so much for reading and hopefully participating! 

19 comments:

  1. I love this outfit on you! Comfortable and stylish. Plus your hair looks so cute with the bun and big earrings.

    http://www.fabellis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that scarf is gorge!
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It had weird strings on it so it was on super sale but I just cut them off when I bought it!

      Delete
  3. I love the link-up idea! I work in a law office, so my work attire has to reflect that. Sometimes I can get away with something a little funky because it's a small practice, but most of the time I keep it pretty business professional. I would love the link up with you! I'll have my post up and ready tomorrow :)

    xx Olivia
    IWANTTHESESHOES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia I can't wait to have you link up with me tomorrow! Thanks for joining!

      Delete
  4. This is a great outfit! The boots really add sophistication with the small heel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I could walk all day in this small heel!

      Delete
  5. you look very sophisticated and yet comfy at the same time

    www.deejayspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple, yet so chic! :) And again, your hair is just beautiful... always :) I love your idea for the link up! As much as I love casual outfits and the extremes of fashion, I have to wear appropriate work attire everyday! I am making myself a note to visit tomorrow and link up one of my office looks!

    P.S. Thank you so much for the sweet comment, and I love your blog!

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute outfit! I love circle scarves they keep me warm! got one for christmas and have worn it to death! cannot wait to see the link up feature! such a great idea :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit so much, its so nice! ;) Love your boots, especially. :)
    Much love, Gabriele. xx

    P.S- would you like to follow me on GFC or bloglovin'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color of ur Jessica Simpson boots... I wonder if TJMAX around me has circle scarves still available, I would b much warmer if I found a thick one like urs

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this casual and chic look, I can wear it all weekend!

    Hope you had a great weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfit and I am So In for the Work it Wednesday :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this outfit!!

    everythingmingi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I adore that cowl! Where can I get one?

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is so my style; I basically wear some variation of this every day. I don't look this chic, though! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere