blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Meat(cupcakes)

January 15, 2012

Meat(cupcakes)


I made these for dinner last Sunday, and not only was the recipe super easy and delicious, they are just so darn cute! I was looking for a meatloaf recipe that I didn't have to go to the grocery store for and finally found one, only to realize I didn't have the traditional meatloaf baking dish (small kitchen fail). But, never being one to sulk and give up, I decided I'd make cupcakes! Meatcupcakes. Sounds so gross haha!

Here's what you'll need:

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup chopped white onion
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a cupcake tray. Mix the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, and sage in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the beef.



Scoop the mix into the cupcake tray and bake for 40-45 minutes. While the meatloaf is in the oven mix the ketchup and brown sugar in a small bowl.



After 40-45 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the the topping on each one. Place back in the oven for ~10 minutes or until it is set.



Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and vegetables (meatloaf goes with anything)! The best part - the leftovers are so easy to freeze and reheat later! Hope you enjoyed the recipe!

{Recipe adapted from here}

7 comments:

  1. This is great and so cute!! Will def try this!!!!


    www.rosefromrosedale.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that is so cute!! I am totally going to make these for dinner this week! thank you for sharing :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! What a great idea. I will definitely be trying this next week and link back to this post for inspiring me.

    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo these look wonderful! I love the idea of putting them in mini-muffin pans! I'll have to try that the next time I make meatloaf. way to go, girl! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol this is pretty cute! I would love to try this for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a good idea, bestie! Can't believe I'm just now seeing this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere