blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Eggnog and Rum

December 8, 2011

Eggnog and Rum

I wasn't going to share this drink recipe with you all. Not because I wasn't taught good manners in kindergarten, but because I naively assumed everyone knew about eggnog and rum. This weekend I made this drink and one of my friends had never had it before! So to make sure no happy soul goes without trying this classic holiday drink, here is how I make eggnog and rum. Simple drink recipe is an understatement. Here's what you'll need:
  • 4 ounces eggnog (from a carton or homemade)
  • 2 ounces spiced rum (Captain is my all-time fave)
  • Cinnamon
  • Ice
Mix the eggnog, rum, and ice in a martini shaker or with a spoon (just make sure you mix well). Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Use the liquid measurements only as a beginning point, you may want to add more or less rum. Eggnog does an incredible job of hiding the rum's taste, so if you actually like to taste the rum in your drink, you're going to have to add a lot. And then this drink will sneak up on you!

4 comments:

  1. is this the same as coquito?! we have it at all holiday parties but i never know whats in it..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty sure Ive never had eggnog... but coquito n kremas I have. And I absolutely Love Captain Morgan Spiced Rum too with Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll have to try this for a dinner.. i never actually had egg nog in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We'll definitely have to try this soon :) xoxo, eliza http://asteroid-325.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere