blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Bruins and Sequins

December 15, 2011

Bruins and Sequins

In my weekend recap I mentioned going to an event that my lovely friend Nina invited me to. It was a private event hosted by Burberry and GQ at the Burberry Store on Newbury Street, proceeds of which went to Brad Marchand's charity for pediatric cancer patients, Brad's Brigade. Of course I didn't buy anything (Burberry is a little beyond my budget) but the event was a great time nonetheless. Here's what I wore (yup, put on the scarf as a skirt again).
Top, F21
Scarf/Skirt, Charlotte Russe
Tights, Target
Pumps, ZigiSoho
Bag, thrifted

Here are some pictures from the event with some of my gorgeous Harvard Med ladies and I enjoying the drinks (the yummy cinnamon pear cocktail, apple cider, and champagne were delightful) and sweets (fig tarts and chocolate caramel truffles anyone?). To top off the night we all got to meet the Bruins players Campbell and Marchand, who were both chill guys, joking about being intimidated by our intelligence (which is why I don't like dropping the 'Harvard' bomb, lol). Wonderful night with wonderful ladies! Thanks for inviting us, Nina!
{Shekinah, Gregory Campbell, Me, Amanda, Brad Marchand, and Nina}

20 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Fabulous outfit.

    http://www.fabellis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pulled off that scarf great! I could have never done that! :)
    -barbie @ Style of a Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet you last night! Your photos (and you) are beautiful! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome event!! You look fab as you did last night, so nice meeting you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. most gorgeous med students ever - and those bruins players make some great arm candy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what I love most about all of this... is that you pulled together such a chic look (that looks expensive) but isn't! It is all from stores that many people (myself included) shop at to keep on budget! And your thrifting skills are amazing! Lovely :)

    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all look great! What a fabulous event to attend. You are gorgeous! Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this outfit!!! I need a sequin skirt. Those treats sound delicious :)

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know you went to Harvard.WOW beauty and brains. I turn shirts into dresses and tops into skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aw you look beautiful in the photos and lucky you, I love Burberry. Your outfit is the style I'm so totally into right now, sequins mixed with simple fabrics!
    xx
    Naghmeh

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like fun was had! :) loving the outfit

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the photos! question? how do u make ur picture collages? do you use a specific software or program? and what camera do you use?

    n.harv
    www.themiscellaneousfiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like you were the best dressed girl there!

    -gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lady! Thanks for commenting! I am now following you! Love your style, you are so pretty! Hey, there is nothing wrong with being smart, but I can see how men can be intimidated! Beauty and Brains, full package! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely outfit!!! Love the sequin skirt! I NEEEED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you had so much fun.
    You are looking fab.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. My godsis actually goes to Harvard. Harvard Business school. Just started this fall. Anywho, cute look. I can't believe the 'skirt' is actually a scarf. Nice job with the creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not just the Harvard Bomb but the HARVARD MED SCHOOL Bomb. Men are intimidated by smart, pretty ladies - and actually, so am I! Ha.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere