Pumpkin Bread Pudding

October 2, 2011

I made this dish yesterday and planned on having leftovers for breakfast this morning. Warning: DO NOT PLAN ON HAVING LEFTOVERS. Everyone loved this recipe, and I took home an empty casserole dish. This recipe is adapted from Smitten Kitchen; here's what you'll need: 
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, plus an extra egg yolk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 2 tablespoons bourbon (optional)
  • 1 baguette, cut up into small pieces
  • 3/4 stick melted unsalted butter

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F with the oven rack in the middle. In a bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, pumpkin, sugar and salt, eggs, spices, and bourbon. In a separate large bowl, toss the bread cubes with the melted butter, then add the pumpkin spice mixture and toss, making sure all pieces are coated evenly. Place the bread mix in an ungreased 8x8 baking dish and bake until the custard is set, about 25-35 minutes. Serve on it's own or with vanilla bean ice cream. So good.

10 comments:

  1. OH my god, thank you for this delicious recipe, enjoyed the pudding so much,will be waiting for your next recipes.

    it was so hot today, vanilla icecream went very well together
    laura,you are a star!!!
    thank you for your kind comment on our blog, see you soon
    xxx
    http://proctorcruzdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems so delicious! Come and visit my blog, and if you like it, follow me, I'll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so yummy :D
    X
    http://monicakosasih.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a yummy simple recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love bread and anything pumpkin! i've got to try this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this last month too.. it was SOOOO GOOD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks yummy...now I have to go and buy some pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum this looks like a wonderful recipe. I will have to try this one soon before pumpkin is out of season again lol. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...