blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: New Stripes

October 19, 2011

New Stripes

It's no secret that I love thrifting. There's something so satisfying about going through racks and racks of crap and pulling out something beautiful. Part of what I love even more is the history a piece may have; I always wonder who owned it, what they wore it for, and how it made them feel. But every now and then you'll find that truly rare piece - the one that was never worn - with the tags still on it, extra buttons still in a little plastic bag and all. That's what happened with this Michael by Michael Kors shirt that I snagged for $4. Imagine how surprised I was when I saw the same shirt online for 30% off, and still $74! Thrifting is the best. 
Top, thrifted
Skirt, F21
Shoes, Banana Republic
Jacket, JCPenney
Belt, thrifted

18 comments:

  1. Such a great deal!

    www.monochromemagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so elegant. Love that skirt. Great buy.

    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous look...I love your simplisticly chic style!

    Roni

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, again you look stunning (as always)!! Check out our blog, we made a pencil skirt from wool and leather, i think you might like it :)

    LOve P&C xxx
    http://proctorcruzdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! Thrift store shopping is the most satisfying thing...ever! I love your blog. It's realistic!
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love thrift shopping! Need a lot of patience and time though but it can be so rewarding. Know of any good thrift shops in Boston?

    xoxo
    The Vee Bee Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE thrifting and that's one heck of a deal. love how u styled it as well!!

    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your outfit, your skirt is amazing!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that skirt! Great outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing. Love this outfit!

    anna
    http://www.anewfoundtreasure.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. there is one decent thrift store in philly. best one i've ever been to is crossroads (was in chicago but they have them all over). i need one here so i can get steals like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your thrifted top!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  14. great top!!

    xo's,

    - teeney

    http://christeeney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such an amazing find!! I love when that happens and I love this outfit. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a bargain!!! Love michael kors and that top fits you beautifully! Love the combination of black and camel - you always put together the most amazing earth-tone-colored combinations, truly a joy to see!!!

    http://somethingoldmeetssomethingnew.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere