blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Friday's Fancies: Halloween Edition

October 28, 2011

Friday's Fancies: Halloween Edition


I'm horrible at keeping my own secrets. I tried my hardest to keep my halloween costume this year a secret, but I just couldn't help it! Last week Dave and I were last minute zombies, but our real costume this weekend - I'm going to be Cruella Deville and he'll be my dalmatian. The hardest part of the entire costume was finding a white fur-looking coat. Which got me to thinking, what outfit would I put together if money wasn't a concern? Well I'd start with this jaw-dropping Herve Leger Beaded Banded Dress that originally cost almost $18,000! Add on the fur coat that was another few thousands, the sexy $700 pumps, and some other accessories, and you've got one hell of an expensive halloween costume. Now my friends we all know I don't have anywhere near this kind of money and my budget was more like $50. But I made it work (I hope)!

P.S. I'd like us all to remember that Cruella Deville was a villainess - a super chic one - but still, she used the dalmatians' fur! And in the coat I used in this post, arctic white fox fur was used! I would never ever use real fur and hope all of you beauties wouldn't either. Look at these cuties! How could you hurt them?

Make sure to check out all the other awesome outfits over at Long Distance Loving today!

21 comments:

  1. YAH! i love this costume! so creative and cute. happy friday! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant! Such a great idea!! Please have a look at my Fridays Fancies... flora-fricker.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning outfit :D

    http://fehmoda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing!! I know it's going to turn out fantastic. I cannot wait to see the end result. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this.. and that dress is absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great costume! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! What a fun costume, but I love those Dalmatian puppies so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You did a great job mimicking that look! Great finds!!
    Hope you have a fabulous Halloween weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the costume idea! I'm really loving your blog and am your newest follower :) Thanks for the comment on my blog :)
    -nancy
    fanceeenanceee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are SO creative! I'm beyond excited to see your costume :)

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the black dress


    xoxo


    www.rochellekecloset@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is too fun! i cant wait to see pictures

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol so cuteeeee

    www.thesanktuary.blogspot.com

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love that big, fluffy coat! it would be cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always loved Cruella's style (despite her being from a Disney movie!) If the white coat you chose wasn't real fur, I would have to buy it <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This will be an awesome costume!!!

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE THIS!! So fun, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am SURE you rocked the actual get-up you created, but I adore your Friday's Fancies version too ;) you would make a fabulous Cruella, my dear. I couldn't stop smiling with this one! So so happy to have you back for FF! Have a great week! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  19. such a great idea!!! can't wait to see your costume!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere