blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Weekend Recap

September 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

I went home to Springfield Friday for the Greek Festival. This is the gorgeous necklace I got from a local vendor there who had some of the most beautiful and unique jewelry I've ever seen!

The Greek Festival would not be complete without a gyro. Yeer-oh. That's right.

Saturday I came back to Boston for the lovely Rendez-Vous New England mixer, my first blogger event, where I met some of the most amazing women! 

Sunday we all remembered the events of September 11, 2001, honored those who lost their lives and heard from those who live with the loss everyday. Every single story gave me goosebumps, and I was constantly fighting back tears when we listened to young children who wished they got to know their parent, or mothers holding pictures of their stolen sons and daughters. This scene from the Public Garden was just breathtaking - almost 3,000 flags for each life lost.

 On the way home from brunch later Sunday we ran into a dog show put on by the MSPCA at the Boston Commons. Seriously the best thing a person could ever run into. I wanted to steal a tour bus and kidnap every single dog. 

10 comments:

  1. sooo sooo happy I got the chance to meet you--thank you so much for coming to rendez-vous! can't wait to hang out again :) xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm i love me some gyros.
    and THANK you soooo much for coming to Rendez-Vous! It was SO fantastic to meet you :) xoxo jillian:: enter to win a knit cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to a bloggy meet-up! Too bad I'm in Nebraska and have only found ONE other blogger in the state so far!

    Awesome necklace, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun meeting you this weekend Laura!! Hope we can do this again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to meet you over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to meet you this weekend - we should grab lunch someday since we are so close to each other! LOVE your new necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I got to meet all of you lovely ladies it was so much fun! And Alana I'm sure you will find other bloggers and hopefully you'll be able to meet up! It's a really special thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures, like always ;]

    - teeney

    http://christeeney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so great to meet you!! That necklace is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Teeney! And Sarah thank you I had a great time with you girls Saturday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere