blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Apple Cider

September 23, 2011

Apple Cider

Just made this delicious apple cider recipe in celebration of the first day of fall! Here's what you need to make 4-6 servings.
  • About 6 cups of apple cider
  • 2 ounces real maple syrup
  • 3 cinnamon sticks
  • 6 whole cloves
  • skin of half an orange

Heat the apple cider and the maple syrup over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Add the cloves, cinnamon sticks, and orange peels, and simmer for 5-15 minutes (don't boil). Ladle the cider into glasses to serve. 

This is the version you can serve to anyone in the family, but if you want a spiked version (like I did), just add spiced rum to taste. Serve hot or cold. Enjoy the drink and enjoy your weekends!


  1. want it
    Very cute blog, i'm following you by Google Friends box hope you'll do the same only if you'll like mine :)
    sweet italian kisses

    Syriously in Fashion
    Official Facebook Page

  2. Oh! Nice timing! This is what my fiance and I made last night to accompany our first day of fall celebration! Yours looks delicious :) xoxo eliza

  3. Mmmmm this looks so yummy! I love apple cider :)

  4. Yum. The perfect fall drink. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy new follower from tasty Tuesday.


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere