Weekend Recap

August 22, 2011


It's Monday again (boo) but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my first weekend back in Boston. Friday we celebrated a good friend's birthday with homemade cupcakes (and my favorite cream cheese frosting), balloons, and many drinks - a wonderful night. Saturday Dave and I strolled around town, stopping at Joe's American grill for lunch. I had the French Dip and Dave got the Pressed Cuban, both were delicious! Then we got some ice cream (which was super delicious, especially because it was free) at a little outdoor concert. We spent the rest of the afternoon catching up on Boardwalk Empire and went out for drinks that night. Sunday morning we went out for my absolute favorite meal (brunch!) complete with peach champagne and all. The rest of the day was spent on the floor in my apartment in blankets with the AC on watching movies and wrestling; perfect end to the weekend. Hope you all had weekends that were just as lovely! 

7 comments:

  1. Sound like a perfect weekend! Everything looks delicious and I am obsessed with Boardwalk Empire. I love that the plot is centered on real life gangsters/politicians and the costumes are AMAZING!

    Liv @ bklylifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm cuban sandwiches are the best! glad you had a fun weekend :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh looks like a fun weekend! And those cupcakes look yum, too! Do you have a recipe for the frosting? I am always on search for a good frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UM, thanks, my mouth is watering at every single picture!! :) Saw that you're comin to the Rendez-Vous! I'm so excited to meet you!! Yay Boston!!

    Stephanie
    That's Better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It was a great weekend indeed.

    @Liv Boardwalk is awesome! We just got into it recently and are trying to catch up before the next season starts!

    @Jillian it was so good! I only took one bite though since Dave's a big guy and needs his food lol.

    @Bloggin the frosting is super easy! Just mix a room temp pack of cream cheese with confectioners sugar! I couldn't give you an amount because I just keep tasting it every few adds till it's as sweet as I want it.

    @Stephanie woo hoo! Can't wait for rendez-vous! Super pumped :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect weekend! I love the photo collage, I'm inspired to make one too!

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! So happy I could provide some inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...