blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Strawberry Basil Mojito

August 5, 2011

Strawberry Basil Mojito

It's Friday!!! Getting ready for my second big presentation in a bit, but what's really on my mind is the cocktail I'm making after it... a strawberry basil mojito. Here's what you need for one drink:
  • 3 fresh strawberries
  • 5-6 medium fresh basil leaves
  • 3 oz simple syrup*
  • 2-3 oz white rum
  • club soda
  • crushed ice
Slice the strawberries and add them to the bottom of the glass with the basil leaves (you can chop these to release more of the flavor, but then they get stuck in your straw, so I leave them whole). Add the syrup and stir, then add the rum, crushed ice, and club soda. Voila! A refreshing drink to celebrate the start of a beautiful weekend.

*To make simple syrup, I usually just add ~1 tablespoon sugar/1 oz water.

1 comment:

  1. mmm looks fantastic! i LOVE mojitos. and strawberries make any drink better! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams


I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere