blank'/> A LITTLE BIT OF LACQUER: Greek Salad and Kebabs

August 3, 2011

Greek Salad and Kebabs


During my lunch break today I found this amazing greek salad recipe posted by Elise at Simply Recipes, and I immediately knew what we were having for dinner tonight: greek salad and beef shish kebabs. I followed Elise's recipe word for word, just adding a bit (okay a lot) more feta cheese.

Here's my super simple recipe for the kebabs:

  • 1-2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into small cubes
  • 1 bell pepper (I like the red ones)
  • 1 onion (Unfortunately I forgot to pick one up and used my sole onion for the salad)
  • 2 Zucchini (yellow and green for extra color)
  • 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • Wooden skewers
  1. Add the meat and Worcestershire sauce to a bowl and marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 day (I marinated the meat before we left to the market, but the longer the better).
  2. Cut the pepper and zucchini into small cubes.
  3. Put the marinated meat and veggies onto the skewers, making sure not to make them too heavy. Pour any leftover marinade onto the kebabs.
  4. Grill on high heat until the meat is done to your preference. 
Serves 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments, they make my day! If you have a specific question you want answered, please send me a message by clicking the Contact tab at the top, or even better, contact me on twitter or facebook and I'll get back to you ASAP! Thank you so much for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Designed by Minimalsphere