During my lunch break today I found this amazing greek salad recipe posted by Elise at Simply Recipes, and I immediately knew what we were having for dinner tonight: greek salad and beef shish kebabs. I followed Elise's recipe word for word, just adding a bit (okay a lot) more feta cheese.
Here's my super simple recipe for the kebabs:
- 1-2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into small cubes
- 1 bell pepper (I like the red ones)
- 1 onion (Unfortunately I forgot to pick one up and used my sole onion for the salad)
- 2 Zucchini (yellow and green for extra color)
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Wooden skewers
- Add the meat and Worcestershire sauce to a bowl and marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 day (I marinated the meat before we left to the market, but the longer the better).
- Cut the pepper and zucchini into small cubes.
- Put the marinated meat and veggies onto the skewers, making sure not to make them too heavy. Pour any leftover marinade onto the kebabs.
- Grill on high heat until the meat is done to your preference.